Sunday, March 29, 2009

In Photos

I was playing with the computer a few nights ago, when I realized - hey, this thing has a webcam! I totally forgot! So I took a couple of photos of the fam:



Saturday we were supposed to go to a Spring Training game with my mom group. Even though I live down here, I've never been to one. I'm just not that into sports, I guess! The only reason I decided to go to this meetup was because the Angels were playing the Mariners, and my husband is a Mariners fan, so I knew he would enjoy it.

Well, just so you know, Fehling (pronounced FAILING) is short for FEHLING TO BE ON TIME, and by the time we got there (five minutes before the game started) it was sold out. Since we were in Tempe and covered in sunblock already, we decided to check out the Festival of the Arts where we picked up this:

The hat, not the baby. If he's going to be repping a college, it has to be one that's cool, like Arizona State where is mother went to school, and not smelly, like the University of Washington where his pop "studied." (hee hee - it's a good natured rivalry in our home, I swear!) I love that he lets us put hats and sunglasses on him and isn't one of those babies who immediately rips them off.

We actually bought it on one of the stores downtown. It's sad to see how it's dying over there. How can a college town just die like that? Seriously, EVERYTHING is closing it seems. Borders, Z Gallerie, the Gap, Abercrombie & Fitch, Urban Angels - they're just gone, along with a lot of the restaurants we used to love when we lived in that area. It's crazy.

Ooh, and look what I made:
My new mommy bracelet. I picked up the letter beads also while at the bead store, and used leftover pearls from my necklace. I was going back and forth on what other beads to use - I didn't want to use pink, because I have a son, but I had no blue clothes, so if I used blue I wouldn't ever wear it. I considered green crystals for a bit, but then decided that if I used simple sterling silver beads it would be neutral and I could wear it with EVERYTHING!
In case you were wondering what the heck I did to my stupid wrist:

My aloe vera plant keeps having babies. Last year was the first year it did it, and I got four cute new plants from it. This year, I got TEN. These are the smallest ones. Ideally, they would have stayed with the mommy plant for a bit longer, but they came up while I was rooting around to get the bigger ones out of the planter. We'll see how they do.

The scratches happened while I was digging around under the plant. The spikes on the edges of the leaves are SHARP!!!
Finally, to end this epic post, I leave you with this final photo:

After existing on this Earth for almost five and a half months, and having existed pretty much that whole time refusing to sleep unless swaddled tightly enough to rival being straightjacketed, the kid is finally starting to get that it is possible after all to sleep unfettered. The easiest way to get him to do this, unfortunately, is to spoon with the baby. He will sleep in his crib the last few days with no help though. It just freaks me out to no end on the rare occasion when he rolls over onto his belly to sleep, I have to admit.

It's funny. Turns out the boy is a sidesleeper for the most part, just like his mom.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.