Friday, May 16, 2008

Look at all that blue!

After the ultrasound yesterday, we went shopping! It was hard at some points, to see all the pretty girly things that I could not buy. I'm not going to lie, I really had my heart set on having a daughter. I know that God gives you what you are supposed to have though, and there have been times in the past where I wanted something so bad, but I didn't get it, and in hindsight, it was for the best.

I decided, that if I can't have glitter and frills, I'll have stupid hats and designer labels. In lieu of hair ribbons and bows, my boy will sport a mini faux-hawk. Instead of patent mary janes, little skully Vans (I saw these at Nordstroms!) will be the order of the day.

We had a really good time shopping. At one point, my husband was outshopping me! I was so done, and he was still pulling little things off the racks to show me. We decided that the baby's nursery would be done in light blue and pale green with a frog theme. We bought a lot, but I think that over all, we were pretty well behaved. Here's our haul:


From left to right (sorta): a super soft baby blanket, froggy print changing pad cover, two Ralph Lauren rompers in 3 and 6 month sizes, a hooded frog towel, a thinner froggie blanket, a little gray and black sweater vest with little guitars embroidered on the breast, the sweetest teeny tiny frog booties with a matching pair of mittens, a three pack of froggie onesies, a little blue dog hat with ears, a romper that says Little Wrecker, but was purchased mainly for the attached hat that has a label reading THIS END UP, a green and blue striped frog romper with a coordinating frog hat (frogs must be big this year!), a long sleeved tee with a guitar playing lion (on the back, it has the back of the lion - super cute!), teeny tiny Adidas socks, a navy Baby Gap onesie, a brown onesie with green and blue stripes, a super soft little stuffed frog, a set of five white Calvin Klein onesies (these cracked me up - how pretentious!), and finally, a cute teddy bear knit cap.

But the best bargain of the day?

The rug on which this is all laying. That is a 3' x 5', 100% wool, hand knotted and backed Pottery Barn Kids rug, original price, $129.00. We got that bad boy on clearance for $39.00!!! It's so perfect for in front of the crib, in the perfect shade of green. The ends are a little grubby where it was rolled up, but I can get it cleaned and no one will ever know. Kick BUTT!

We also picked up a sling backpack style diaper bag for my husband that was more manly, haha! We decided on the green gingham curtains at PBK, and the green gingham crib sheets there too. I want to get a Hotsling, but Target only had up to a 4, and I need a five according to their website. I'll have to order that online. I've picked out a crib, but the matching dresser is WAY girly, so I'll have to find another one. And this is just the fun stuff, never mind the first aid kit, diapers, etc!!! Good thing that I fear no mall, huh?

We also picked a name... come October we will be welcoming Sawyer Madrigal Fehling into the world. We realize that we'll be forever trying to explain to people that this child is NOT named for a character on Lost, but instead for my grandfather/mother's maiden name. Of course, we reserve the right to change our minds sometime between now and then if something better comes along, but this is a pretty strong front runner. It was actually my husband's idea, so I have to give him credit with coming up with the name.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.