Monday, November 23, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

I really stunk at posting stuff here in November! Since I probably won't post again before Thanksgiving (but you never know) I'll put this up here now.

I did handprint turkeys with the baby. So cute! I painted his little hand brown with plain old acrylic paint and stamped it on white cardstock. They actually came out really well considering he was more interested in squashing the paint in between his fingers than making handprints! All those years as an elementary school aide paid off. :)

Anywho... After the handprints dried I would give him a few feathers and let him place them on the turkey. Anywhere he placed a feather I would pick it up and put a little glue there so I could glue it back down again. In this way, he got to place them, but he didn't get to mess with the glue. After they were dry I went back with some markers and a pen to add the details. Then the cardstock got cropped down, punched across the bottom with a Fiskars Apron Lace punch (the latest addition to my little family of punches) and embellished with a bit of ribbon before getting added to a card. One of these will definitely be going into his scrapbook!

I hope everyone has a very Happy Thanksgiving!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.